Nicos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. is and has always been an independent, fully family owned Company.
Since 1927 our mission is to supply our customers with the finest leaf tobacco products. To achieve this goal Nicos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. is continuously following 4 simple rules:
- Learning from the past: Business heritage passed on from our founder, Nicos Gleoudis, to the second and third generations who are still safeguarding important values: long-term vision, goals and solid organization.
- Adapting to the external environment: For almost a century, except for a five-year interval during World War II, our Company has achieved rapid, uninterrupted growth. Today it is ranked among the top leaf tobacco enterprises in Greece.
- Innovating in all aspects: Innovation is a permanent feature of Nicos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. Technicians, laborers and management are all totally commited to the realization of our Company’s goals.
- Investing into the future: The outlook for the industry continues to be challenging. New investments, modernization of procedures and strong collaborations allow us to fully comply with each customer’s new needs.
All above totally complying with our Social Responsibility Policy.
We deal with tobacco but we also deal with people. Awareness of this simple truth accounts for much of our growth to date and will guide our trajectory in the future. We will continue to invest in innovative ideas, people and tomorrow’s technology.
Network & Location
Since establishment, Nikos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. has been growing rapidly by strengthening its position in the local Greek market and by expanding as well to the neighboring -and not only- countries (read more)
- 2011 – ICAP Certificate / Strongest Companies in Greece
- 2014 – Plimsoll Global Analysis Certificate / Strong in Global Market Report (read more)
Nicos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. is dealing annually with 16 million kilos of all types of European tobaccos, supplying our customers with a wide range of the finest leaf tobacco products.
Our current portofolio includes: (click here)
In our modern complex of 75.000m2 in Axioupolis, Kilkis, we offer full service for repacking, storage and handling, specialized in packed tobacco. Our processing factories and warehousing are located 70km north of Thessaloniki’s port and in a proximity of 25km from the ex-Yugoslavian borders (today F.Y.R.o.Macedonia). (read more)
In regard to leaf production, our Company strives to achieve better results through a careful balance of the latest tobacco growing techniques and environmental concerns.
We are contracting directly with individual growers and our specialized agronomists are inspecting every crop from the tobacco seed to the full grown plant.
A Tobacco Identity Preservation Program (TIPP) is ensuring the absence of genetically modified tobaccos at all stages of cultivation, from seeds until the final stages of processing.
Continuous employees and farmers training, agrochemical and seed monitoring, as well as water and soil analyses are the rule.
Moreover, Socio-Economic factors are also addressed, taking into consideration all forms of possible discrimination, the farmer’s standard of living and child labour.
When it comes to environment, there are no objections. Nicos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. is continuously working in order to ensure the lower possible environmental impact. (read more)
The outlook for the industry continues to be challenging. Innovation is a permanent feature of Nicos Gleoudis Kavex S.A. Technicians, laborers and management are all totally committed to the realization of our company’s goals. (read more)
6-8, Fragon str.
546 26 Thessaloniki
Τel: +30 2310 536 204
Fax:+30 2310 527 720