PSILLAKIS ESTATE is a family owned company with
- Long experience and Know-how in the production procedure of organic olive oil.
- Strong devotion to the product and respect for the consumer and the environment as well.
PSILLAKIS ESTATE olive groves are farmed organically since 1993, regularly inspected and certified by DIO approved certifying agency of organic products, full member of International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movement (IFOAM).
BIOJOY ~ Joy of Life
Type Organic, extra virgin, P.D.O, olive oil with an acidity of 0.4%-0.6%.
• the care taken during the harvest (hand harvested),
• the post harvest-we put the hand picked olives, into baskets and we carry them immediately to the olive-oil mill factory,
• the processing – we control and supervise that all stainless steel inox machinery is very clean & that temperature during the extraction process doesn’t exceeds the 27 degrees Celcious (80.6 degrees Fahrenheit)
• the storage – BIOJOY olive oil is carefully stored in the Psillakis estate cave, in ideal contitions of temperature in stainless steel inox tanks. It is bottled and numbered in the Family estate
• This way ensure its particular qualitative characteristics: of delicate, fruity and pleasantly bitter taste-of surprisingly long after taste – of the fruity aroma of green olives.
It can be used as an uncooked dressing for fresh goat’s or sheep’s milk cheese, and in all types off salads.
It can also be used toward the end off cooking in stews and casserols, to add depth off flavor, which is so characteristic of the Cretan diet.
Please remember to use our product in the very last minutes of your cooking.
Put a few drops of it on your pizza, spaghetti and rice fished plates.
An easy dressing:
Shake 4 teaspoons of olive oil with 1 or 1&1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice, salt and pepper if you like and use it as a topping for your lettuce salad, for your steamed potatoes- vegetables and fish.